The mission of the City Clerk is to serve as the City's source for informational, historical, and legislative services for the community, public, and city staff in an efficient, effective, and friendly manner.
About the Office of the city clerk
The City Clerk is an unbiased public servant who promotes open government and transparency of information by providing a link between citizens and government. The City Clerk serves as the compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes. This is achieved by coordinating the legislative process and managing city records with integrity, accuracy, and transparency.
Duties of the City Clerk include:
- Public Records Officer and Records Manager for the City
- Serves as a point of contact for your City Council
- Attend, record, and provide citizen support at City Council meetings
- Prepares and publishes Council Agendas
- Maintains historical records and meeting minutes
- Records, certifies and files resolutions and ordinances
- Codifies and maintains the Moses Lake Municipal Code
- Serves as liaison to Grant County Elections and Voter Registration
- Receives legal documents served on the City as a Municipal Corporation
- Registered agent to receive Claims for Damages
- Responsible agent for the Official City Seal
- Performs other duties as may be required by the laws of the State or City Ordinances