The Council SMP started with the Planning Commission Draft SMP, with some changes to address comments received during the 60-day comment period regarding Chapters 6, 7, 8, and 9. The SMP has been modified to address Ecology's comments.
- March 27, 2014: Planning Commission recommended SMP draft to City Council
- May 13, May 27, June 10, and June 24: City Council public hearings
- April 29 through June 30, 2014: Formal comment period
- August 26, 2014: Council adopted Response to Comments (PDF)
- October 14, 2014: Council adopted the draft SMP
- December 3, 2014: Draft SMP submitted to Dept. of Ecology
- February 2-March 4, 2015: Dept. of Ecology public comment period
- March 23, 2015: Public Comments received
- July 28, 2015: Council approved the Response to Public Comments Received (PDF) and some small changes to Chapters 6 & 7
- July 29, 2015: The City sent the Response to Public Comments Received (PDF) to Department of Ecology
- June 7, 2016: The City received the Department of Ecology Conditional Approval of SMP
- October 25, 2016: The Council voted to adopt the SMP with Ecology's changes, with modification to the wetland buffers
Council Draft SMP Chapters
See the Next Steps page.