It is unlawful for any person or persons to own or harbor any dog over the age of six months within the corporate limits of the city, unless such person or persons first procures a license; MLMC 6.04.010 (PDF).
- For all dogs $10
Obtaining a License
- Licenses can be purchased at Moses Lake Police Department, 411 S Balsam Street
- Bring a copy of current rabies vaccination from your Veterinary Clinic.
- Licenses expire December 31st of each year.
- You can get your new year's dog license beginning in December by coming to the Moses Lake Police Department, 411 S Balsam Street
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
- Failing to license your dog: $205
- Failing to renew dog license: $287
- Dog "at large":
- First Offense: $103
- Second Offense: $205
- 3> Offense: Up to $1025
- A dog is required to be on a leash at all times when not confined in a fenced yard or house.
- Moses Lake Municipal Code 6.02 - Definitions (PDF)
- Moses Lake Municipal Code Chapter 6.04 - License Requirements (PDF)
- Moses Lake Municipal Code Chapter 6.06 - Rabies Control (PDF)
- Moses Lake Municipal Code Chapter 6.08 - Impounds (PDF)
- Moses Lake Municipal Code Chapter 6.10 - Dangerous Dog and Potentially Dangerous Dog (PDF)
- Moses Lake Municipal Code 6.18 - Penalties and Enforcement (PDF)
For more information, please call (509) 764-3887