Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
The City collects lodging tax (hotel/motel tax). These funds can be used for activities, operations and expenditures designed to increase tourism. The Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC) advises the City Council on how to use this revenue.
How Can Lodging Tax Revenues Be Used?
- Tourism marketing
- Marketing and operations of special events and festivals designed to attract tourists
- Operations and capital expenditures of tourism-related facilities owned or operated by a city or public facilities district
- Operations of tourism-related facilities owned or operated by non-profit organizations
Who Decides How to Spend Lodging Tax Revenues?Applications to use lodging tax funds must be submitted directly to the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC). The LTAC makes recommendations to the City Council on which applications should be funded.
In making recommendations, the LTAC needs to:
- Analyze the extent to which the proposal will accommodate activities for tourists or increase tourism, and
- Analyze the extent to which the proposal will affect the long-range stability of the special fund created for the lodging tax revenues
How to Apply
- Review the LTAC Guidelines, Budget Template & Sample Budgets, and Expenditure Report for a complete understanding of the criteria sought by each applicant
- Complete the Lodging Tax Funding Support Application
- Submit the application and documents via the above link. (See #2)
Applications must be received in the office by the deadline on October 6, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
The committee has 5 members appointed by the City Council:
- One elected official of the city who serves as chair
- Two associated with the lodging industry (businesses required to collect the tax)
- Two members involved in activities that could be funded by the tax
Past LTAC Recipients
- City of Moses Lake - Tourism
- Columbia Basin Allied Arts
- Columbia Basin Cancer Foundation
- Columbia Basin Community Concert Association
- Grant County Fairgrounds
- Moses Lake BMX
- Moses Lake Business Association
- Moses Lake Spring Festival
- Sand Scorpions ORV Group
- Visit WA (Airshow)