Development Engineering oversees the public component (streets, water, sewer, etc) of private projects. Staff is responsible for reviewing and permitting all proposed new infrastructure and all proposed impacts to existing public infrastructure.
Staff reviews all plans submitted by private developers for commercial, industrial and new residential subdivisions. This is done to protect the public health and safety and to ensure all new construction conforms to the City’s Standard Specifications and Details, Materials List and comprehensive plans and will function as intended within the city’s existing infrastructure.
Development Engineering provides these services:
- Research water and sewer utility requests for availability, location, and size of available service.
- Calculate reimbursements and development fees that are due prior to connection to City utilities.
- Review and approve all Developer street and utility construction plans. Plan review fees are $400.00 up to 4 sheets and $100.00 for each additional sheet. Please see the Permits & Forms page to obtain the Construction Plan Submittal Form to submit a project for review.
- Issue Street and Utility Construction Permits and provide on-site construction inspection for Developer projects.
- Assign street addresses to all properties within the City of Moses Lake corporate limits.