Garbage & Recycling
Residential Garbage Rates
Cart Size *Standard Rate **Low Income Senior Rate
(gallons) (per month) (per month)
48 $18.67 $ 9.33
64 $20.37 $10.19
96 $30.55 $15.28
*Rates Effective 12/01/2019. Rates are subject to change
** In order to qualify for our Low Income Senior Discount the following information will need to be supplied along with a completed and witnessed Low Income Senior Discount Application. (PDF)
Photo ID showing you are sixty five (65) years of age or older.
Proof of Income showing a maximum annual household income at or below one hundred twenty-five percent (125%) of federal poverty guidelines.
Is a single occupant or the head of a household or the spouse of the head of the household.
Resides in the dwelling unit served by sanitation service.
Is billed or is the spouse of a person billed by sanitation.
The Low Income Senior Discount application must be submitted to the Utility Department prior to November 30th of every year to qualify for the upcoming year.
Low Income Senior Discount Application and Federal Poverty Guidelines for 2013 (PDF)
The City of Moses Lake has a recycling program. All Recycling and Yard Waste carts are provided to you by The City of Moses Lake at no additional monthly cost. Recycling Carts and Yard Waste Carts are available in both 64-gallon and 96-gallon sizes. You may also have multiple recycle and yard waste carts at no additional cost to you. Call or visit our Utility Department to change your cart configuration, (509)764-3715 or (509)764-3719.
Garbage/ Recycling/ Yard Waste Pick-up
- Please have your carts out the night before or by 6 a.m. the morning of your designated garbage day.
- If your garbage is not picked up due to inappropriate material in the designated carts or not being out when the truck comes by, there is a $10.97 return trip fee.
- Placing inappropriate material in your Recycling or Yard Waste cart is a violation. If inappropriate material continues to be placed in the Recycling or Yard Waste cart, the cart may be replaced with a garbage cart and an additional monthly fee will be added to the garbage account.
- To ensure pick-up, carts must be approximately three (3) feet from one another and cannot be boxed in by parked cars. A five (5) foot area surrounding carts needs to be free of overhead trees, shrubbery, power lines, fences or buildings to ensure cart access. This area should also be free of excess snow during the winter months.
- Please do not place hot ashes or coals in your cart. Carts damaged due to hot ashes or coals will be replaced at the account holder's expense.
- To ensure that any extra garbage is picked up, please notify Lakeside Disposal before your scheduled garbage day, (509) 765-4263. Additional charges will apply.
- Garbage tags can be purchased at the Utility Department. Each tag is $2.75 and is good for a 32-gallon garbage bag.
- Additional charges will be applied to your Utility Bill if your cart lid is elevated.
- All household waste must be bagged. (MLMC 8.08.060)