Permits & Forms

Permits for work in the public right of way

A Street and Utility Construction Permit must be secured prior to any work within the public right of way. Permits are required for all private work within City ROW and City easements, along with commercial, industrial, and residential projects that involve onsite water and sewer improvements.

Street and Utility Construction Permit fees are 2.5% of the construction cost or $50.00, whichever is greater.

To obtain a permit the following conditions must be met:

  • The contractor must have a current Washington State Contractor’s License.
  • The contractor must have a City of Moses Lake Street and Utility Construction Bond. The bond must cover 150% of the value of the work to be completed. The City has specific bond forms and those bond forms are available from the Engineering Department in Civic Center Annex, 321 South Balsam Street.
  • A current City of Moses Lake Business License is required.
  • A correct address or legal description of the project site.
  • Construction plans or a brief description or plan of work to be done.

Exception - Residential property owners may permit for sidewalk work fronting their homes without meeting the license and bonding requirements.  All other Standards shall apply.

Street & Utility Construction Permit Application Process (Click here for application instructions)

Street & Utility Construction Permit Application Form (Click here to download the application form)


Development Engineering staff must review all plans submitted by private developers that will have an impact to the City's infrastructure. To submit a project for review, please complete a Construction Plan Submittal Form with the applicable information and e-mail it to Development Engineering staff at Development Engineering

The current construction plan review fees are $400.00 up to four sheets and $100.00 for each additional sheet.