Effective Tuesday, March 17, the City will implement the following changes to its operations and services as preventative measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 among our employees and the community:
- Cancellation of all city permitted public events with planned or forecasted attendance of 50 and above
- Closure of the Moses Lake Museum and Art Center / Visitor Center
- All City Parks and Recreation classes on City facilities are cancelled until further notice. This includes both indoor and outdoor offerings. Beginning Soccer is cancelled as well.
- Continue and enhance sanitation of all public buildings and facilities
- Suspension of non-essential inspection activities in occupied homes - businesses
- Modify water shut off policies to assure sanitation resources in homes
- Suspension of all non-essential public meetings
- Suspension of all public meetings of 20 or more in City facilities
- Suspension of all meeting and event reservations at City facilities
- Suspension of non-essential travel and training for City employees (including where trainers are brought in from outside the organization)
- Close public lobbies/access for bill pay/permitting allowing bill pay by phone / online (www.cityofml.com)
At this time, scheduled City Council/Planning Commission meetings will continue to occur, but with social distancing modifications, including increasing spacing between chairs and encouraging the public to view through GoTo meeting. Ultimately if public in-person meetings are cancelled, a contingency plan is in place to allow meetings to be conducted remotely.
The City wants to assure the public that our employees are on the job making sure that our essential services are functioning and responding to calls for service. For emergency calls for service, it is essential to let dispatch know if you are experiencing flu like symptoms so our responders can be prepared.
Although our offices are closed, City of Moses Lake bills can be paid electronically, via a drop box or by mail. For those those who need to drop off or pick up documents or who have other business, arrangements can be made to allow for drop off or pick up. The City of Moses Lake truly appreciates our community and the safe practices that we are working to employ to keep everyone healthy. Visit the City’s website for contact information www.cityofml.com
These measures will be in place until further notice.