2022 Draft Plan
The 2022 Comprehensive Parks, Recreation & Open Space Plan is a tool to guide development within the city.
The 5-year Plan is an update to the Department's 2016 master plan, adopted in compliance with the State of Washington Recreation and Conversation Office guidelines.
The draft plan is now available for review and downloading.
The public comment period on the environmental aspects of this proposal will end on March 18, 2022. The City determined the proposal will not have a probably significant adverse impact on the environment. The proposal is a non-project action.
The Moses Lake City Council will hold a public hearing as required by the State Determination of Non-Significance at 6:20 p.m. on March 22, 2022. The public may provide testimony in writing or by participating in the public hearing. The form to register to speak at the meeting will also be on the posted agenda, or you can contact the City Clerk's Office to receive the form in advance. The speaker request form must be completed no later than 3 p.m. on the day of the meeting to speak remotely. Written comments can also be delivered to the City Council prior to the Public Hearing, via mail to the City of Moses Lake, Attn: City Clerk's Office, PO Box 1579, Moses Lake, WA, 98837, text 509-793-0155, or via email email@example.com.
More information can be found in the following links:
The 2016 Comprehensive Parks, Recreation & Open Space Plan is a tool to guide development within the city.
Individual chapters of the Comprehensive Plan are available for downloading.
- Intro Introduction (PDF)
- Chapter 1 Introduction & Community Profile (PDF)
- Chapter 2 Existing Facility & Program Inventory (PDF)
- Chapter 3 Goals & Objectives (PDF)
- Chapter 4 Community Needs Assessment (PDF)
- Chapter 5 Implementation Action Plan (PDF)
- Chapter 6 Funding Plan (PDF)
- Appendix A Facility Inventory & Park Descriptions (PDF)
- Appendix A-1 Maps (PDF)
- Appendix B Community Survey (PDF)
- Appendix B-1 Questionnaire/Write-In Responses (PDF)
- Appendix B-2 Questionnaire/Park Usage Stats (PDF)
- Entire 2016 Comp Plan (PDF) (15.54 MB)
For More Information
- Contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 411 S. Balsam or 509-764-3805
- Email Information