Concealed Pistol License


This link can be used to: 

  • Apply for a new CPL and schedule the fingerprint appointment,
  • Renew your CPL, or 
  • Replace your current CPL.

When do I need to have a Concealed Pistol License?

RCW 9.41.050 requires you to have a concealed pistol license when:

  • You are carrying a pistol concealed on your person or,
  • You are carrying or placing a loaded pistol in a vehicle.

Where do I apply for a Concealed Pistol License?

City Residents

If you live within the city limits of MOSES LAKE you can apply with the MOSES LAKE Police Department using the link below:

Grant County Residents

If you live in the unincorporated area of the county, you must apply with the Grant County Sheriff's Office.

Concealed Pistol Licenses | Grant County, WA (

Non-Washington Residents

Non-Washington residents may apply at any local law enforcement agency in Washington State.

Is there a Background Check?

You will need to be fingerprinted and a criminal history background check will be conducted before your license is issued.

Are there Other Requirements?

Yes. The following requirements must be met:

  • Resident of the City of MOSES LAKE or a Non-Washington resident
  • 21 years of age or older at time of application
  • Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien with a permanent resident card (green card)
  • No pending trial, appeal or sentencing on a prohibitive charge
  • No outstanding warrants for any charge, from any court
  • No court order or injunction against possessing a firearm
  • No mental health prohibitors
  • No felony convictions
  • No convictions for any of the following crimes when committed by one family member against another on or after July 1, 1993:
    • Assault IV
    • Coercion
    • Stalking
    • Reckless Endangerment
    • Criminal Trespass in the first degree
    • Violation of the provisions of a protection order or no-contact order
    • Restraining the person or excluding the person from the residence

How long does it take before I receive my license?

  • If you are applying for your first concealed pistol license, it may take up to 30 days to complete the background check before the license is issued.
  • If you do not have a Washington driver's license or identification card it can take up to 60 days.

What Documents will I need to bring with me?

  • Picture identification (i.e. Washington driver's license or identification card.)
  • Your address MUST be current on your Drivers License.


  • A fee of $49.25 card, check, or money order made payable to CITY OF MOSES LAKE.
  • This fee is non-refundable.

How long is my Concealed Pistol License Valid?

  • Your concealed pistol license is valid for five years from the date your license is issued. You will not receive a renewal notice and it is your responsibility to ensure your license has not expired.

How do I Renew my Concealed Pistol License?

  • If you live within the City of MOSES LAKE, you may renew your concealed pistol license in person at the Moses Lake Police Department, during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday, excluding holidays.
  • You may renew your license up to 90 days prior to the expiration date for a fee of $32.00, or up to 90 days after the expiration date for a late renewal fee of $42.00.
  • You must provide picture identification and your current concealed pistol license.
  • After 90 days you will be required to apply for an original license with a fee of $49.25.

What if I Lose my Concealed Pistol License?

  • If you live in the City of MOSES LAKE and your license has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you may obtain a replacement license.
  • You will need to apply in person at the Moses Lake Police Department, during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm weekdays, excluding holidays.
  • The fee for a replacement license is $10.00

Does Washington have Reciprocity for Concealed Pistol Licenses with any Other States?

  • Washington has reciprocity or accepts concealed pistol licenses issued by a number of other states, so long as the handgun is carried in accordance with Washington law.
  • The Washington State Attorney General's web site provides a list of those states that have reciprocity with Washington for concealed pistol licenses.

For More Information about Firearms Law: 

State Firearms Law

Department of Licensing
(360) 664-6616
Firearms Unit
PO Box 9469
Olympia, WA 98504-9649

Federal Law Pertaining to Firearms

For more information or to obtain a copy of Federal Firearms Regulations, contact:
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
915 2nd Ave, Room 790
Seattle, WA 98174
(206) 389-6800