Concealed Pistol License
When do I need to have a Concealed Pistol License?
RCW 9.41.050 requires you to have a concealed pistol license when:
- You are carrying a pistol concealed on your person or,
- You are carrying or placing a loaded pistol in a vehicle.
Where do I apply for a Concealed Pistol License?
If you live within the city limits of MOSES LAKE you can apply in person at the MOSES LAKE Police Department.
Our address is: Moses Lake Police Department 411 S Balsam Street Moses Lake, WA 98837 509-764-3887
- Application hours are 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Thursdays only.
- The application process takes about 30 minutes.
Grant County Residents
If you live in the unincorporated area of the county, you must apply in person at the Sheriff's Office.
Non-Washington residents may apply at any local law enforcement agency in Washington State.
Is there a Background Check?
You will need to be fingerprinted and a criminal history background check will be conducted before your license is issued.
Are there Other Requirements?
Yes. The following requirements must be met:
- Resident of the City of MOSES LAKE or a Non-Washington resident
- 21 years of age or older at time of application
- Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien with a permanent resident card (green card)
- No pending trial, appeal or sentencing on a prohibitive charge
- No outstanding warrants for any charge, from any court
- No court order or injunction against possessing a firearm
- No mental health prohibitors
- No felony convictions
- No convictions for any of the following crimes when committed by one family member against another on or after July 1, 1993:
- Assault IV
- Reckless Endangerment
- Criminal Trespass in the first degree
- Violation of the provisions of a protection order or no-contact order
- Restraining the person or excluding the person from the residence
How long does it take before I receive my license?
- If you are applying for your first concealed pistol license, it may take up to 30 days to complete the background check before the license is issued.
- If you do not have a Washington driver's license or identification card it can take up to 60 days.
What Documents will I need to bring with me?
- Picture identification (i.e. Washington driver's license or identification card.)
- Your address MUST be current on your Drivers License.
- A fee of $48 cash, check, or money order made payable to CITY OF MOSES LAKE.
- This fee is non-refundable.
How long is my Concealed Pistol License Valid?
- Your concealed pistol license is valid for five years from the date your license is issued. You will not receive a renewal notice and it is your responsibility to ensure your license has not expired.
How do I Renew my Concealed Pistol License?
- If you live within the City of MOSES LAKE, you may renew your concealed pistol license in person at the Moses Lake Police Department, during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday, excluding holidays.
- You may renew your license up to 90 days prior to the expiration date for a fee of $32.00, or up to 90 days after the expiration date for a late renewal fee of $42.00.
- You must provide picture identification and your current concealed pistol license.
- After 90 days you will be required to apply for an original license with a fee of $48.
What if I Lose my Concealed Pistol License?
- If you live in the City of MOSES LAKE and your license has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you may obtain a replacement license.
- You will need to apply in person at the Moses Lake Police Department, during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm weekdays, excluding holidays.
- The fee for a replacement license is $10.00
Does Washington have Reciprocity for Concealed Pistol Licenses with any Other States?
- Washington has reciprocity or accepts concealed pistol licenses issued by a number of other states, so long as the handgun is carried in accordance with Washington law.
- The Washington State Attorney General's web site provides a list of those states that have reciprocity with Washington for concealed pistol licenses.
For More Information about Firearms Law:
State Firearms Law
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9469
Olympia, WA 98504-9649
Federal Law Pertaining to Firearms
For more information or to obtain a copy of Federal Firearms Regulations, contact:
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
915 2nd Ave, Room 790
Seattle, WA 98174