1. Obey the lifeguard at all times.
2. This is a very strenuous ride. The moving water is extremely turbulent.
3. Bodyboarding or Flowboarding on this sheet wave is a body active, participatory sport. As with all sports, care must be taken to avoid an injury.
4. Riders must be in good physical condition and free from any medical limitations to participate. Pregnant women and persons with or having a history of heart, back, neck, shoulder or joint problems should not ride.
5. Riders must be 42 inches tall to Bodyboard and 52 inches tall to Flowboard (stand-up).
6. Parent/guardian permission is required for youth under the age of 18 to participate on the Flowrider in the stand-up position.
7. Jewelry, hats, foot wear, eye glasses, or loose articles of any type are not recommended on the ride as they may injure the participant.
8. Bathing suit tops, bottoms and loose clothing may be pulled off by the flowing water. Cover-ups are suggested.
9. Entering the ride. Upon receiving instruction from the lifeguard:
a. Bodyboarding: place your bodyboard onto the flow of water slick side down. Lie down on your stomach, head facing the flow of water, with your hips along the rear edge of the board. Your legs should be extended straight behind you to serve as a rudder. Your hands should grab the forward rails of the board. Keep fingers, hands and elbows on top of your board to minimize water splashed into eyes. Gently push into the flow. You may ride in a kneeling position.
b. Flowboarding: holding the nose of the board, place your flowboard onto the flow of water slick side down. Place your back foot approximately at the tail of the board, and position your front foot above the mid-point of the board. Place your weight primarily on your back foot. Gently push into the flow. Remember – keep your weight on your back foot at all times.
10. Avoid jumping into or entering the ride at high speed; avoid weight on front foot -- You will wipe out!
11. Steer your board into the center of the flowing water. You can control your board by gently shifting your weight. Try to keep your board pointed in the direction of the oncoming flow of water. Edge control is the key. Keep weight on your back foot!
12. If you wipe out, do not hold your board. Release board immediately, cover your head, and keep limbs close to body and try to brace for impact with feet first.
13. Single riding only is permitted. No tandem riders or multiperson riding is allowed.
14. Caution! The ride surface of this ride is very slippery. Do not attempt to walk on the ride surface. You may only stand to walk and exit after coming to a complete stop on the dark blue drain grating.
15. Horseplay and daredevil stunts are not permitted.